Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Disaster Free Birthday

I was one of those teenagers who clung to her little girl things, and when I was a freshman in highschool, I had a pet snake made of blue clay. I named him Ike, and Ike was about an inch long and very skinny. I had to keep him on the back of one of those buttons people wear for school spirit. People were always telling me, "He's too little." I've actually been thinking that if I were to have a son, I would name him Ike. Last night, a beautiful brown moth flew through the window and hovered on the wall over my computer desk. I called Josh in to see it, and as he started to shoo it out of the room, I stopped him. I named him Ike and prayed for him to leave. It looks like I might break the curse this year and actually have a good 9-11 birthday. I think I had a blast two years ago in Mimi's, but I remember very little of the occasion. So I'm going to Vaughn's Thursday night. All ya'll working folks out there, I understand if you can't make it. I am going to have a housewarming/birthday party for me and Josh (9-11 is his birthday too) in about two weeks, when we hopefully have power.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment